- Any electronic mail you receive from an employee of D J Steyn Attorneys including any attachments thereto (“the e-mail”), is subject to D J Steyn Attorney’s e-mail disclaimer (“disclaimer”) set out below.
- The e-mail may contain information which is confidential, private, subject to legal privilege or otherwise protected by law. If you are not the stated addressee (or such person’s authorised representative) you must –
- notify the sender of this fact immediately by return e-mail, fax or telephone and delete the e-mail from your system;
- not print, copy or disseminate or otherwise disclose any information contained in the e-mail or any part thereof; and
- refrain from reading, storing, selling or otherwise using any information contained in the e-mail or any part thereof for any purpose including, incorporating any information contained in the e-mail into any database or mailing list for whatsoever reason and specifically not for purposes of spamming or marketing. Failure to do so may amount to the unlawful interception of a communication, the infringement of copyright and/or the infringement of the right to privacy, thus exposing you to criminal and/or civil liability.
- Notwithstanding any other provision of this disclaimer, the employees of D J Steyn Attorneys will not be liable for any loss, damage or expense of whatever nature resulting directly or indirectly from the transmission of an e-mail (including without limitation any malicious software code or viruses transmitted together with the e-mail, or any corruption to or loss of data contained in the e-mail).
- The views and opinions expressed in the e-mail do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of D J Steyn Attorney. It is D J Steyn Attorneys’ policy that none of its employees may send –
- unsolicited commercial messages (“spam”);
- messages that infringe any third party’s intellectual property rights (including copyright, trademarks and goodwill) or other rights (“infringing content”); or
- messages containing content that is offensive, derogatory, racist, defamatory or otherwise unlawful (“offensive content”).
If the e-mail constitutes spam, contains infringing content or offensive content, or was otherwise sent for purposes unrelated to the official business of D J Steyn Attorneys, that e-mail is contrary to D J Steyn Attorneys’ internal policies and falls outside the scope of employment of the individual concerned and D J Steyn Attorneys will not be liable for any loss, damage or expense of whatever nature resulting therefrom.